Apply to Southern Miss
Students must be offered admission on or before the following dates for the semester in which they plan to enroll.
Deadline for Fall 2019 general freshman admission: June 30, 2019
- Deadline for Fall 2019 freshman admission for freshman scholarship consideration: December 1, 2018
Deadline for Spring 2019 admission: January 17, 2019 (Classes begin January 24, 2019)
- Deadline for Spring 2019 admission for transfer scholarship consideration: January 5, 2019
Deadline for Summer 2019 admission: May 27, 2019 (Classes begin June 3, 2019)
Deadline for Fall 2019 admission: August 21, 2019 (Classes begin August 28, 2019)
- Deadline for Fall 2019 transfer admission for transfer scholarship consideration: August 1, 2019
The following is required from all applicants:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission | Apply online
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- An official high school transcript for freshman (high school) applicants OR official transcripts from all institutions attended after high school for transfer applicants
- Submission of ACT or SAT scores for freshman (high school) applicants
- Documentation of two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) immunization. Upload a copy of your proof of immunization.
Students seeking admission for 2018 should be mindful of admission deadlines.
A non-refundable $40 application fee is required of all applicants before any action will be taken on a student’s application for admission. This payment may be submitted by credit/debit card, check or money order, or with an application fee waiver.
Please note that the $40 application fee will be waived for veterans and dependents/spouses of veterans.
Pay by Credit or Debit Card (VISA/Mastercard only)
- If you apply for admission online, you can securely submit the $40 application fee online with your VISA or Mastercard at the same time you complete your Undergraduate Application for Admission.
Pay by Check or Money Order
- If you apply for admission online, submit your check or money order payment along with the Application Fee Payment Form. If paying by check, be sure to include the applicant’s full name and date of birth on the memo line of the check. The Office of Admissions does not accept cash.
Freshman applicants who are currently enrolled in high school may qualify for an application fee waiver if they have qualified for an ACT or SAT test fee waiver.
Appropriate, official documentation of the ACT or SAT test fee waiver must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the applicant’s high school counselor before the application fee will be waived. Until this documentation is received, no further action will be taken on the application.
Any student who has previously enrolled as an undergraduate student at Southern Miss and now wishes to return to the university must complete the following for readmission consideration:
- Submit an Application for Readmission, which will require a $20 reapplication fee. (Once you have submitted your application, you will receive further details about fee payment.)
- Submit official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended since leaving Southern Miss
- Resolve any outstanding balances or holds on student account (if applicable)
- Receive approval from the department of the student’s former academic major to return if the student left as a result of academic suspension.
Once readmitted to Southern Miss, the Office of Admissions will provide additional guidance on advisement and registration.
For further assistance with readmission, please contact the appropriate Office of Admissions.
Gulf Park Campus
Admission Deadlines for Students Seeking Readmission
Deadline for spring 2019 readmission: January 17, 2019
Students who intend to enroll at Southern Miss through readmission for the spring 2019 semester must be offered admission on or before January 17.
Deadline for summer 2019 readmission: May 27, 2019
Students who intend to enroll at Southern Miss through readmission for the summer 2019 semester must be offered admission on or before May 27.
Deadline for fall 2019 readmission: August 21, 2019
Students who intend to enroll at Southern Miss through readmission for the fall 2019 semester must be offered admission on or before August 21.