Schedule a Visit
A campus visit is an essential step in deciding whether Southern Miss is right for you. You can schedule a visit to the Hattiesburg or Gulf Park campuses.
Before You Schedule a Visit to the Hattiesburg campus
- Campus visits are available Monday-Friday.
- If you would like to schedule a campus visit on behalf of a school or community group, please call Admissions at 601.266.5000 to arrange the details of your visit instead of using the Online Visit Scheduler.
- If you have any questions or need to change the details of your scheduled visit, please contact Admissions at 601.266.5000.
Discover Southern Miss Campus Visit
- MWF 1:30 p.m.; T/TH 10 a.m.
- Attend an admissions session covering the application process, admissions requirements, scholarship information and much more.
- Participate in a thirty minute information session with representatives from the college of your major.
- Tour campus with a current student and learn about Southern Miss campus history and traditions. Get first-hand insight on what it’s like to be a Southern Miss student!
- College Information Session Schedule
- College of Arts & Letters: Monday & Friday
- College of Business: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- College of Education & Psychology: Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday
- College of Health: Monday & Tuesday
- College of Nursing: Tuesday & Wednesday
- College of Science & Technology: Friday
- Honors College: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Attend an admissions session covering the application process, admissions requirements, scholarship information, and much more.
- Participate in an academic advising session with a faculty member in the department of your major. Discuss research opportunities, career options, and post-graduate education.
- These appointments must be made at least a week in advance to allow for scheduling with academic departments.
Hattiesburg Campus Visit FAQs
When is the best time to schedule a campus visit?
Weekdays – when classes are in session – afford the best insight into the Southern Miss experience and campus life. Our mission is to provide you with a campus visit experience that addresses all of your needs, and we are best able to do that during the week while classes are in session so that you can access as many campus resources as needed.
How long does a typical campus tour last?
A campus visit usually lasts two hours.
Why is it necessary that I schedule a campus visit? Can’t I just show up?
Walk-in visitors will be accommodated as much as possible, but we cannot guarantee that all appointment and special requests will be met unless your visit is scheduled in advance.
Can I schedule a campus tour for a school or community group?
Group tours for high-school aged students should be scheduled through Admissions. If you want to schedule a campus visit for groups of younger students or for any other non-high school-aged audience, please contact University Communications at 601.266.4491 for further assistance.
I have a disability. What accommodations can be made for me during my campus visit?
If special assistance or auxiliary aids are needed to accommodate a disability, please contact Admissions at 601.266.5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss accommodations at least one week prior to your scheduled visit.
I have trouble walking long distances. Will I be able to get a tour of campus during my visit?
Yes. Please contact Admissions at 601.266.5000 or email@example.com to discuss accommodations at least one week prior to your scheduled visit in order to ensure a full campus visit experience with no inconvenience.