Apply to Southern Miss
Deadline for summer admission: May 26, 2017
Students who intend to enroll at Southern Miss for the summer 2017 semester must be offered admission on or before May 26.
Deadline for fall freshman admission: June 30, 2017
Freshman students who intend to enroll at Southern Miss for the fall 2017 semester must be offered admission on or before June 30.
Deadline for fall transfer admission: Aug. 9, 2017
Transfer students who intend to enroll at Southern Miss for the fall 2017 semester must be offered admission or before Aug. 9.
The following is required from all applicants:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission | Apply online
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- An official high school transcript for freshman (high school) applicants OR official transcripts from all institutions attended after high school for transfer applicants
- Submission of ACT or SAT scores for freshman (high school) applicants
- Documentation of two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) immunization. Upload a copy of your proof of immunization.
Students seeking admission for 2017 should be mindful of admission deadlines.
A non-refundable $40 application fee is required of all applicants before any action will be taken on a student’s application for admission. This payment may be submitted by credit/debit card, check or money order, or with an application fee waiver.
Please note that the $40 application fee will be waived for veterans and dependents/spouses of veterans.
Pay by Credit or Debit Card (VISA/Mastercard only)
- If you apply for admission online, you can securely submit the $40 application fee online with your VISA or Mastercard at the same time you complete your Undergraduate Application for Admission.
- If you apply for admission using a paper application, you may either:
- enter your VISA or Mastercard credit or debit card information at the bottom of the paper application; or
- pay over the phone with your VISA or Mastercard credit/debit card by calling the Office of Admissions at 601.266.5000.
Pay by Check or Money Order
- If you apply for admission online, submit your check or money order payment along with the Application Fee Payment Form. If paying by check, be sure to include the applicant’s full name and date of birth on the memo line of the check. The Office of Admissions does not accept cash.
- If you apply for admission using a paper application, submit your check or money order payment along with your Undergraduate Application for Admission. If paying by check, be sure to include the applicant’s full name and date of birth on the memo line of the check. The Office of Admissions does not accept cash.
Freshman applicants who are currently enrolled in high school may qualify for an application fee waiver if they have qualified for an ACT or SAT test fee waiver.
Appropriate, official documentation of the ACT or SAT test fee waiver must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the applicant’s high school counselor before the application fee will be waived. Until this documentation is received, no further action will be taken on the application.
Any student who has previously enrolled as an undergraduate student at Southern Miss and now wishes to return to the university must complete the following for readmission consideration:
- Submit an Application for Readmission, which will require a $20 reapplication fee. (Once you have submitted your application, you will receive further details about fee payment.)
- Submit official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended since leaving Southern Miss
- Resolve any outstanding balances or holds on student account (if applicable)
- Receive approval from the department of the student’s former academic major to return if the student left as a result of academic suspension.
Once readmitted to Southern Miss, the Office of Admissions will provide additional guidance on advisement and registration.
For further assistance with readmission, please contact the appropriate Office of Admissions.
Gulf Park Campus
Admission Deadlines for Students Seeking Readmission
- Aug. 9 - General Readmission
Students who intend to enroll at Southern Miss through readmission for the fall 2017 semester must be offered admission on or before Aug. 9.