Advertising - B.A.
The advertising major teaches students the creative and business practices of the advertising profession. Graduates are prepared for positions as advertising layout artists, copywriters, media planners and account executives in the mass media, advertising agencies, advertising departments in business and industry, and advertising sales for media.
The School of Mass Communication and Journalism also offers seven minor programs for students majoring in other academic disciplines. We offer minors in advertising, broadcast journalism, film, media production, news editorial, photojournalism and public relations.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will understand concepts and theories in the use and presentation of images and information in the advertising industry.
- Students will conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the advertising industry.
- Students will write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the entertainment industry.
- Students will apply tools and technologies appropriate for the advertising industry.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in the pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity.
- Account executive (mass media)
- Art and design
- Marketing and sales
- Public relations
- Entertainment Industry - B.A. (Film)
- Entertainment Industry - B.A. (Media Production)
- Journalism - B.A. (Broadcast Journalism)
- Journalism - B.A. (News-Editorial)
- Journalism - B.A. (Photojournalism)
- Journalism - B.A. (Public Relations)
- Marketing - B.S.B.A.