Political Science - B.A.
The political science major prepares students for careers in national, state and local governments, law, teaching, international service and related fields. As a general liberal arts degree stressing critical thinking and communications skills, the political science bachelor's degree is also excellent preparation for many management-training programs in business.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will demonstrate sufficient knowledge of government and politics as social phenomena.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to organize information regarding political topics in meaningful ways.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to gather relevant information about political topics.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to critically analyze theories or issues relating to political topics.
- Gulf Coast
- Foreign affairs
- Government agencies
- International business
- International organizations
- American Studies - B.A.
- Anthropology - B.A.
- Communication Studies - B.A.
- Economics - B.A. (Mathematics)
- Economics - B.A. (Social Science)
- History - B.A.
- History – B.A. (Social Studies Licensure)
- International Studies - B.A.
- International Studies - B.A. (Comparative Americas)
- Journalism - B.A. (Broadcast Journalism)
- Journalism - B.A. (News-Editorial)
- Journalism - B.A. (Photojournalism)
- Journalism - B.A. (Public Relations)
- Paralegal Studies - B.A.
- Sociology - B.A.