Theatre - B.F.A. (Design and Technology)
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design and Technology is designed for students who are serious about specialization in one or more areas of design and technology with an eye toward professional careers or further study at the graduate level.
B.F.A. students are expected to take more classes in the specific areas of design and technology and to be more actively engaged in production than their Bachelor of Arts counterparts.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- BFA students will show competence in multiple areas of theatre practice by successfully completing production tasks on publicly produced productions.
- Students should demonstrate strong intellectual skills of research, writing, and critical thinking.
- Students completing a BFA in Theatre will: demonstrate a conceptual understanding of their area of emphasis, including the history of theatre and of theatre production; demonstrate the highest levels of proficiency in their area of emphasis; and seek to work at the highest levels of professional standards.
- Students completing a BFA in theatre will have the training, education, experience, and skills to pursue a career in theatre or graduate studies.
- As they progress in the program, BFA students in Theatre will demonstrate essential competencies as outlined by the National Association of Schools of Theatre. These include; comprehension of the processes involved in the creation of theatre, beginning with the script through the interpretive creative processes of performance and production; development of a significant sense of what constitutes a serious work of theatre; and a relatively coherent set of ideas and goals which are embodied in their work.
- Performing arts
- Art - B.A.
- Art - B.F.A. (Graphic Design)
- Communication Studies - B.A.
- Dance - B.F.A. (Dance Education)
- Dance - B.F.A. (Performance and Choreography)
- Entertainment Industry - B.A. (Film)
- Entertainment Industry - B.A. (Media Production)
- Entertainment Industry - B.S. (Recording Industry Management)
- Entertainment Industry - B.S. (Recording Industry Production)
- Theatre - B.A. (General Theatre)
- Theatre - B.F.A. (Acting)