Sport Coaching Education - B.S.
The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree program in Sport Coaching Education (SCE) offers professional preparation to students who aspire to coach across a variety of experiences (including, but not limited to: secondary, collegiate and professional sport).
Incoming freshman must declare a minor in an approved teaching area as interscholastic opportunities in select states require a state teacher license and teacher certification in addition to SCE degree completion. The SCE program is accredited at a Level III status by the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE).
Coaches normally occupy positions such as:
- Head or assistant coaches
- Teacher in an academic area
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Sport Coaching Education program will demonstrate the necessary skills for injury prevention by planning, coordinating, and implementing appropriate injury prevention procedures.
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Sport Coaching Education program will demonstrate an understanding of the social and psychological aspects of coaching.
- Students completing the Bachelor of Science in Sport Coaching Education will demonstrate a mastery of practical skills necessary for successful coaching in their chosen sport(s).
- Students completing the Bachelor of Science in Sport Coaching Education will be prepared to enter the work force with communication skills that allow them to function as a successful coach.
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Sport Coaching Education program will demonstrate an understanding of the basic components of physical conditioning to include strength, endurance, flexibility, power, speed and agility.
- School administration
- Athletic Training - B.S.
- Kinesiology (P.E. Licensure) & Sport Coaching Education - Dual B.S.
- Kinesiology - B.S. (Exercise Science)
- Kinesiology - B.S. (Kinesiotherapy)
- Kinesiology - B.S. (Physical Education Licensure)
- Recreation - B.S. (Therapeutic Recreation)
- Sport Management - B.S.B.A.