Interior Design - B.S.
The interior design Bachelor of Science degree program at Southern Miss provides an educational experience that prepares graduates for professional careers in the interior design field.
The program provides a diverse, challenging and multidisciplinary perspective that encourages creative, professional and environmentally responsible design solutions for residential, commercial and institutional facilities.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Graduates will have attained the depth and breadth of professional design knowledge required to participate in entry level positions in a variety of interior design related professions.
- Graduates will have demonstrated minimum proficiency in design related business software used in commercial and residential interior design. (ie: word processing, spreadsheets, slide shows, digital design/drafting, photo editing, etc.)
- Graduates will have a foundation in the fundamentals of art and design, theories of design, green design and human behavior.
- Graduates will develop the attitudes, traits, and values of professional responsibility, accountability, and effectiveness.
- Students will have developed competence in design communication to include non-verbal techniques such as drafting, sketching, rendering and visual boards as well as verbal communication techniques such as individual and/or group oral presentations.
- Art and design
- Interior design
- Architectural Engineering Technology - B.S.
- Art - B.F.A. (Drawing and Painting)
- Art - B.F.A. (Graphic Design)
- Communication Studies - B.A.
- Construction Engineering Technology - B.S.
- Entertainment Industry - B.A. (Media Production)
- Industrial Engineering Technology - B.S.
- Industrial Engineering Technology - B.S. (Logistics)