Business Administration - B.S.B.A. (Entrepreneurship)
The entrepreneurship emphasis is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to develop, market and manage their own business.
At the core of this emphasis is the process of entrepreneurial discovery, evaluation and exploitation of business opportunities. Students are exposed to a multidisciplinary set of courses, which cut across accounting, finance, marketing and management disciplines.
However, entrepreneurship students are not only trained for business ownership, they are also uniquely prepared for careers in:
- Small business consulting
- Leadership and management development programs
- Sales management
- General consulting
- Supervisory positions in relatively any industry
Because of their experience performing market research, preparing financial statements and investigating new business opportunities, entrepreneurship students can also compete for careers in business development and finance.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will understand the entrepreneurship theories that are relevant to successful new business formation.
- Students will be able to use current technololgy to assess information used in decision support and opportunity seeking in entrepreneurial and small business environments
- Students will show knowledge of basic human resource management concepts and practices in new venture and small business environments.
- Students will be able to apply marketing concepts and practices in new venture and small business environments.
- Students will be able to apply small business accounting and finance concepts and practices in new venture and small business environments.
- Business administration
- Foreign affairs
- Government agencies
- International business
- International organizations
- Marketing and sales
- Travel and tourism
- Business Administration - B.S.B.A. (General Business)
- Finance - B.S.B.A. (Banking and Finance)
- Finance - B.S.B.A. (Real Estate)
- Healthcare Marketing - B.S.B.A.
- International Business - B.S.B.A.
- Management - B.S.B.A. (Business Administration Management)
- Management - B.S.B.A. (Human Resources Management)
- Marketing - B.S.B.A.
- Merchandising - B.S.B.A.