Geography - B.S.
The geography program provides the opportunity to study:
- geospatial science (GIS, cartography and remote sensing)
- area studies and international development
- land-use analysis
- environmental analysis and resource management
- nature-society relationships
- historical-cultural geography
The goal of the B.S. program is to prepare graduates to become informed citizens in today’s diverse, yet globalizing world systems. The curriculum prepares students for careers in economic development, science and technology.
The Department of Labor places environmental scientists at 18th, geospatial analysts at 20th and geographers at 22nd in the top-50 job markets for today.
Our program prepares students in these fields and more, including advanced-level careers and post-graduate education.
Graduates are qualified for careers at all levels of government and in private industry. Recent graduates are employed to:
- manage natural and urban environments
- investigate sustainable land use worldwide
- help understand and restore natural ecosystems
- create Geographic Management Systems for industry and government agencies
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will strengthen effective skills in written and oral communication.
- Students will learn a broad-based knowledge of Geography. They will know specifically the sub-fields of human geography, physical geography, and geographic techniques.
- Students will develop critical thinking skills and understand the methods of scientific explanation as related to Geography.
- Students will comprehend the causes, spatial patterns, and impacts of globalization.
- Graduates will gain employment consistent with their interests in Geography, and/or pursue a graduate education, or be satisfied that the degree met other personal objectives.
- Gulf Coast
- Science and math
- Chemistry - B.S.
- Chemistry - B.S. (ACS-Certified Biochemistry)
- Chemistry - B.S. (ACS-Certified Chemistry)
- Chemistry - B.S. (Biochemistry)
- Chemistry - B.S. (Licensure)
- Geography - B.S. (Geographic Information Technology)
- Geography - B.S. (Sustainable Development)
- Geology - B.S.
- Geology - B.S. (Marine Geology)
- Geology - B.S. (Environmental Geology)