Criminal Justice - B.A.
The School of Criminal Justice has a long and distinguished history of producing graduates who are exceptionally well qualified to pursue careers in law enforcement, corrections, juvenile justice, corporate/industrial security and private investigations, as well any number of other related occupations at the federal, state and local levels.
The criminal justice curriculum also provides excellent preparation for graduate and/or law school.
The program is open to freshman and transfer students alike. The school prides itself on quality and individualized advisement--both professional and academic--so that students are empowered to accomplish their highest personal aspirations.
The faculty are easily approachable, and all are nationally recognized in their respective areas of expertise, lending strong credibility and practical knowledge to the classroom experience.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students completing the program will understand the significance, historical development, and structure of contemporary criminal and juvenile justice systems.
- Students completing the program shall possess the ability to demonstrate effective oral communication skills when functioning within traditional criminal justice employment roles.
- Students completing the program shall possess the ability to produce well-constructed communication in the traditional criminal justice professions.
- Students completing the program will gain the requisite skills for rationally assessing and critically thinking through varying situations in contemporary criminal justice professions and other areas of life as well.
- Students completing the program will gain both a strong theoretical and ethical foundation for the concept of law and justice administration within the framework of a constitutionally mandated process.
- Gulf Coast
- Government agencies
- Law enforcement
- Criminal Justice - B.A. (Juvenile Justice)
- Forensics - B.S. (Anthropology)
- Forensics - B.S. (Criminal Justice)
- Forensics - B.S. (Physics)
- Forensics - B.S. (Polymer Science)
- Forensics - B.S. (Biological Sciences)
- Forensics - B.S. (Chemistry and Biochemistry)