Chemistry - B.S. (Biochemistry)
This emphasis requires a minimum of 43 semester hours of chemistry, including 11 hours of senior-level biochemistry and a required research experience, plus an additional 20 hours of biological sciences.
It provides an excellent preparation for medical or dental school because of its extensive life sciences content. The curriculum also fits well with the pre-pharmacy requirements for most pharmacy schools.
Students graduating with this degree are competitive for top graduate programs as well as top medical, dental and pharmacy programs. Graduates are also qualified to work in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will possess good communication skills in writing and interpreting scientific literature.
- Students will possess good oral communication skills in scientific subjects.
- Students will understand the nature and process of scientific research and be able to carry out directed research.
- Students graduating with a B.S. degree in Chemistry will demonstrate basic knowledge of chemistry in core areas of organic, inorganic, analytical, physical, and biochemistry.
- Students will gain enough chemistry knowledge and laboratory skills to be employed in chemistry-related fields, graduate programs, or professional schools.
- Students will understand basic laboratory safety principles.
- Students will possess good laboratory skills.
- Science and math
- Biological Sciences - B.S.
- Biological Sciences - B.S. (Microbiology)
- Biological Sciences - B.S. (Environmental Biology)
- Biological Sciences - B.S. (Licensure)
- Biological Sciences - B.S. (Molecular Biology)
- Chemistry - B.S.
- Chemistry - B.S. (ACS-Certified Biochemistry)
- Chemistry - B.S. (ACS-Certified Chemistry)
- Chemistry - B.S. (Licensure)
- Forensics - B.S. (Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- Marine Biology - B.S.
- Marine Science - B.S.
- Physics - B.S.
- Physics - B.S. (Licensure)
- Polymer Science - B.S.