Entertainment Industry - B.S. (Recording Industry Production)
The entertainment industry program prepares students for exciting and challenging careers in recording, broadcasting and live production/management fields through two tracks of study that lead to Bachelor of Science degrees.
The production emphasis offers students audio-recording courses in the program’s state-of-the art recording studio, video production, live sound management and entertainment industry seminars.
Students get the necessary skills and knowledge to be competitive in the various production fields of the entertainment industry.
The management emphasis takes students through a thorough course of study of management and business principals and practices in today’s entertainment industry--from talent management, record company operations and copyright law classes, to entertainment business economics, music marketing and business seminars.
Students who successfully complete this course of study will be well prepared to enter the vast field of entertainment industry management and business.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will understand concepts and apply theories in the use and presentation of images and information in the entertainment industry.
- Students will conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the entertainment industry.
- Students will write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the entertainment industry.
- Students will apply tools and technologies appropriate for the entertainment industry.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity.
- Marketing and sales
- Production (media and music)
- Dance - B.F.A. (Dance Education)
- Dance - B.F.A. (Performance and Choreography)
- Entertainment Industry - B.A. (Film)
- Entertainment Industry - B.A. (Media Production)
- Entertainment Industry - B.S. (Recording Industry Management)
- Management - B.S.B.A. (Business Administration Management)
- Management - B.S.B.A. (Human Resources Management)
- Music - B.M. (History and Literature)
- Music - B.M. (Jazz Studies)
- Music - B.M. (Performance-Percussion)
- Music - B.M. (Performance-Piano)
- Music - B.M. (Performance-Strings)
- Music - B.M. (Performance-Voice)
- Music - B.M. (Performance-Wind Instrument)
- Theatre - B.A. (General Theatre)
- Theatre - B.F.A. (Acting)
- Theatre - B.F.A. (Design and Technology)