Economics - B.A. (Social Science)
The economics major is designed to prepare students for positions in business, government or education. The courses equip students for analysis of many of the economic problems and issues faced in middle- and upper-level managerial positions.
The curriculum also provides the foundation for graduate study in economics or in areas such as law, public administration and various business disciplines. Students in economics receive a broad foundation in communication skills, statistics and business.
The required courses also provide a thorough analysis of the important social, political and economic issues of our time. This background is particularly valuable for graduates who later advance to middle- and upper-level management positions.
The qualitative (social science degree) track provides a broadly based liberal arts education in “political economy,” an area of study that cuts across the normally separate domains of economics and politics, and examines the relationship of the two within the difficult calculus of public law.
The social science degree track is recommended for students planning to seek employment upon graduation or to pursue higher degrees in academic disciplines requiring a lesser preparation in mathematics and statistics, such as:
- economic development
- community and regional planning
- law and justice studies
- political science
- public administration
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- The student will demonstrate a basic knowledge of theories, concepts, and analytical models of economics.
- The student will demonstrate competent use of economic data and statistics.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to use economic concepts to analyze policy decisions.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to find and interpret information regarding economic issues from a variety of sources.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to use economic reasoning to draw plausible conclusions concerning economic issues.
- Business administration
- Government agencies
- International business
- Accounting - B.S.B.A.
- Advertising - B.A.
- Business Administration - B.S.B.A. (Entrepreneurship)
- Economics - B.A. (Mathematics)
- Finance - B.S.B.A. (Banking and Finance)
- Finance - B.S.B.A. (Real Estate)
- Geography - B.S.
- Healthcare Marketing - B.S.B.A.
- International Business - B.S.B.A.
- Management - B.S.B.A. (Business Administration Management)
- Management - B.S.B.A. (Human Resources Management)
- Marketing - B.S.B.A.
- Political Science - B.A.
- Sociology - B.A.