Instructional Technology - B.S. (Business Technology Education)
The Department of Technology Education is a preeminent provider of programs focusing on the development, integration and utilization of technologies for the teaching/learning environment and for business and industry.
The program prepares students for technology and teaching positions in business/industry, government, military, education, health and medicine and various training organizations.
The department also offers a computer application endorsement for licensed teachers who hold a Class “A,” or higher, teaching certificate in the state of Mississippi.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Teacher candidates will demonstratre business education content knowledge.
- Integrate and apply skills through a field-based experience in secondary business technology education.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills appropriate for future business technology educators.
- Apply teaching/learning theories to develop pedagogical strategies, techniques for integrating technology into instruction, assessment and evaluative strategies, and classroom management techniques.
- Teacher candidates will impact student learning by integrating technology effectively in instruction
- Business administration
- Government agencies
- School administration
- Accounting - B.S.B.A.
- Business Administration - B.S.B.A. (Entrepreneurship)
- Information Technology - B.S. (Networking)
- Marketing - B.S.B.A.